Ozonation of teeth
The procedure for ozonation of teeth is understood to be one of the most effective techniques, which is widely used in pediatric dentistry. The use of this procedure allows babies to avoid "getting to know" the drill and, at the same time, get rid of the disease completely without pain. Note that gaseous ozone has a number of positive properties due to sterilization and providing a high level of disinfection of the affected areas, without causing injury to soft tissues.
The indications for this procedure are as follows:
- During the treatment of initial caries, without using a drill.
- For fungal and infectious lesions of the tissues of the oral cavity, including those that are of viral origin.
- During teething.
- To provide a reduction in tooth sensitivity.
- For the treatment of damaged tissue surrounding the tooth.
This procedure is carried out using modern equipment that is safe for the child. After special treatment, a special cap is put on the tooth, which was connected to the ozonization device. Next, ozone is fed, destroying almost 99% of bacteria. As a result, the tooth becomes sterile. The process itself takes a few seconds. After the procedure, it is covered with a specialized composition that allows enamel to be strengthened and also to prevent caries.
The advantages of the procedure are as follows:
- The procedure is completely painless.
- Ozonation does not irritate the mucous membrane.
- The technique is safe and non-traumatic for soft tissue.
- Treatment is carried out in a non-contact way and is carried out in a matter of seconds.
The described procedure is an effective method for providing the treatment of caries in the initial stages, without the use of a drill. Among its advantages, the possibility of using it in pediatric dentistry is distinguished.