Braces are specialized orthodontic structures that are used to correct the position of teeth and occlusion. It should be said that straight teeth are the key to a beautiful smile and health. If the position of the teeth is incorrect, this can lead to a violation of the bite, as well as the premature destruction of fillings and crowns. In addition, a broken bite leads to increased abrasion of the enamel and other not very pleasant consequences. Today, braces are considered one of the traditional methods for straightening teeth. Note that modern bracket systems do not attract attention outwardly, unlike those that were used ten years ago.
Types of braces
Before starting treatment, the doctor determines which bracket system will be the most effective in each individual case. Today there are different types of braces that can be attached to both the inner and outer sides of the tooth:
- Vestibular braces, fixed from the outside and characterized by performance indicators, ease of maintenance and adjustment.
- Lingual braces, fixed on the inside of the teeth. They are visible externally, but at the same time they can affect a person's diction.
Braces are made from various materials, which affects their appearance and technical features:
- Metal braces are characterized by a high degree of effectiveness of treatment, but they will be visually noticeable.
- Braces made of transparent plastic are less noticeable, but require careful maintenance.
- Transparent ceramic braces cannot be stained. They are efficient and reliable.
Bite correction with braces consists of the following stages:
- Patient diagnosis.
- Caries treatment, teeth cleaning and other dental procedures.
- Manufacturing the structure.
- Installation of braces and periodic activation in accordance with the established schedule.
- Control and consolidation of the results obtained by installing retainers.